Thursday, December 12, 2013

Artist Feature XI

Artist Feature #11

For this feature I would like to present Omar Arts.  I met Omar a few years back in Deviant Art and we both supported each other by LIKING each others Facebook pages.  We never really communicated to each other ever since, but I did keep following his latest new digital artwork he posted.  I admired his digital work because it motivated me to go back to basics with that medium.  Unless you're extremely gifted and talented, digital painting is very difficult.  Personally I believe digital art is more difficult medium than traditional art.  So I really take the time to look at artist's digital art like Omar's work and appreciate it.  Thoughts like, 'how long did it take him to finish this work?' or 'how did he accomplish painting this part of the painting?' run through my head. These thoughts really push me to go back and create digital art.



I had the chance to interview Omar and this is what he said.


Q: I like to ask this question to artists because we all started creating art at some point in our lives... so what is your story? Why do you create art? 

Omar:  I started creating art after being introduced to comics at a young age. I was just amazed at the comic artists where you're able to think up such creative characters. I believe my first drawing experience was me trying to draw an image from a batman comic.

Q: Your digital art is fantastic, not a lot of people understand how much time and hard work it takes to complete these wonderful artworks. What would you say is the biggest challenge in digital painting?

Omar:  Well thank you for the compliment, I personally wouldn't say my work is amazing. Haha. I think the biggest challenge in digital painting as well as painting in general is understanding the medium, learning to manipulate it and discovering what works for you...that's followed by understanding tone, value and lighting.

Q: I've seen how you've grown your skills and talents on each new digital painting you've created. How long would you say it took you to get this far? Do you think anybody can reach the same level as you?

Omar:  I think people can do whatever they set their minds to. I'm still relatively new to digital painting having only picked it up two years ago and it's not really a constant for me so I would say that anyone who is focused and motivated can reach my level and beyond.

Q: There are a lot of artists out there who are beginners in digital art. Do you have any advice for them?

Omar:  My advice is to keep it up, stay motivated, and watch loads of tutorials. Haha. Most importantly find out what works for you. Progress is a never ending journey. I've still got a long way to go with my digital as well as my traditional art and this is advice I live by as well.


Omar is heading in the right direction to become a very accomplished digital artist.  I hope his work inspires you as much as it did to me. I'm following his work and you can too in the following pages/blog!

   








"Progress is a never ending journey"
                                                        -Omar Arts







®Omar Arts. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment